Last posts we had already known about concept of nouns, do you still remember? Well, to refresh your mind A noun is a word for a person, place, or thing. (You might like to think of nouns as naming words.) Everything we can see or talk about is represented by a word which names it. That "naming word" is called a noun.
In this post, we will discuss about kind of nouns : Proper and Common nouns. What are they? Let 's we find out.
Common Nouns is name people, places, and things. Every noun can further be classified as common or proper. A common noun names general items. name people, places, and things. A common noun names general items.The important thing to remember is that common nouns are general names. Thus, they are not capitalized unless they begin a sentence or are part of a title.
Can you mention name of things in your house? such as : door, refrigerator, book, shelf, cupboard, tv, sofa, fan, air conditioner and etc. All of those things are common nouns.
Nouns name people, places, and things. Every noun can further be classified as common or proper. A proper noun has two distinctive features:
- it will name a specific (usually a one-of-a-kind) item, and
- it will begin with a capital letter no matter where it occurs in a sentence.
Can you mention your friends names? such as : Jony, Feby, Teguh, Rizal, Anthony, Jesy, and etc. All of people's name are proper nouns whereas the word "people" itself is common nouns.
Now, let see table beside. And see the examples of sentences. The italic words are proper nouns whereas the bolds are common nouns
- My brother can speak Japanese, English, Javanese, French and Swedish languages well
- Her father is an adventurer. He knows well about Rinjani mountain and Bromo mountain.
- My friend, Justin likes to buy expensive cars such as : Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz, Lamboghini and Porsche.